Everyone ready to get started? I promise, this will be so different from how you’ve ever cleaned, you’ll be amazed once you get the hang of it, you might find yourself doing summer cleaning, fall cleaning, winter cleaning…
If you’re like me, you’ve always cleaned your home one room at a time.
It wasn’t until I was fortunate enough to hire a professional for one particularly busy season of life where work, company, the holidays all coincided, and they told me how it was really done: one full task at a time.
Momma always taught me that you start at the top, and work your way down, so that’s what we’ll do, but we’ll do the same task in every room before moving on to the next. Now why didn’t I ever think of that?
Warning to the folks like me: Do NOT get caught up organizing your cookbooks, getting fresh file folders for your tax documents, shopping online… Keep moving!
- Begin in the bathroom. This is where most of us keep our supplies anyway, right?
- Dust EVERYTHING. This includes high shelves, mirrors, handrails, tvs, pictures, all your knickknacks. Remember, all you really need is a dry cloth or rag. Those fancy wet wipes are great, but unnecessary. If you feel you need to, should you have long haired pets or family members, run a vacuum extension over your furniture and curtains.
- Beds – strip those sheets and put on some fresh ones. Yes, all throughout the house. Now don’t you feel better already? (Something about beds made always makes me feel good.)
- Wipe down all surfaces with your Surface Cleaner. Just a quick wipe to disinfect and cleanse really does the job. (Think doors, light switches, remotes, phones.)
- More than halfway there! Now spray down sinks, tubs, toilets. This includes the kitchen and the bathrooms. This isn’t the fun part, but look at all you’ve already done! Leave the spray to work, then start back with the first one you sprayed and clean it first, working your way back to the last. Don’t forget your appliances – microwave, doors, and cabinets!
- Depending on what sort of floors you have, we’re already down to the bottom of the rooms. Sweep or mop the bathroom and kitchen and any other hard surface floors that need it.
- Vacuum any rugs or carpets. Start at the top, and work your way down. Keep moving! Almost done!
Now you’re done! Sit back, relax with that glass of tea. You’ve earned it. Don’t even think about going to the gym today. I’m giving you permission to skip it. You’ve had a great workout and you deserve to sit and enjoy your nice clean house. At least until the husband and kids get home, right?