While restaurant selections are endless, most lack the ability the offer all three of the most important qualities in achieving customer satisfaction, including service, atmosphere and superior food quality and flavor. This is not the case, however, for Hot and Hot Fish Club in Birmingham, Alabama. Last year’s visit was a complete success and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Needless to say, I was overjoyed to find out about their new venture, The Hot and Hot Fish Club Cookbook.
Even more exciting than endless recipes from one of the south’s most acclaimed restaurants is the opportunity to meet the proprietors and creators of Hot and Hot, Chris and Idie Hastings, on a book tour this fall. Their book tour also includes many demonstrations, discussions and sometimes dinner and drinks. While I could wish my life away, I am happy for my experience at their restaurant and look forward to sharing my stab at their recipes.
Hope you can make reservations to meet the Hastings this fall! Check out their schedule and find a restaurant or book shop near you.
- 15th-19th – Chef Hastings Prepares Food and Hosts a Cooking Demonstration and Book Signing at The Epcot International Food Festival in Orlando, FL
- 21st – Glorious Grits cookbook and Hot and Hot Cookbook are both featured on the menu at Hot and Hot Fish Club tonight
- 22nd – Book Signing and Cocktail Reception at The Cook’s Store in Mountain Brook along with Earthborn Pottery’s Tena Payne from 4 -6 p.m.
- 29th – Nov. 1st Southern Foodways Alliance Symposium in Oxford, MS
- 6th – Honig Wine Dinner with Chef Hastings at Spring House Restaurant at Lake Martin
- 10th – Chef Hastings is holding a cooking demonstration at Birmingham Bake & Cook Co. from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m.
- 12th – The Hastings are signing cookbooks at Books-A-Million at Brookwood Village
- 13th – Cocktail Reception and Book Signing with Jason Wallis at his studio