Now that you’ve had a good night’s sleep, you should have a Texas-sized appetite.
Everyone knows Dallas has a reputation for good food. So, here are the best restaurants and snacks that Dallas has to offer:
- Tillman’s Roadhouse — If you want an authentic Texas experience, head over to Tillman’s. All you’ll get is a casual, rustic but lush atmosphere, music, and really good food. Oh, and a little Texas hospitality.
- Cowboy Chow — A little ’bout Cowboy Chow? Inspired by chuck wagon cooking, Cowboy Chow boasts open range dining — cooked slow and flavor-packed. Peruse this menu at your own risk — drooling may ensue.
- LOCAL — Modern, in season, classic, and I guess it goes without saying, local. Don’t miss this stylish spot.
- Stephan Pyles – Located in the popular Bishop Arts District, Stephan Pyles, and its sister restaurant, Samar, feature bold foods — smoky, spicy, multi-cultural flavor is what he’s known for. And everything is prepared in-house.
- Hattie’s — I’ll leave you only with their own description, which sounds about as perfect of a restaurant as you’ll ever find anywhere: American bistro with a southern low-country influence.
- Cafe Madrid — When you’re in Dallas, you’ve got to have some tapas. Even better if you can enjoy them in a cosy, intimate setting. Order a few tapas, and sit back to enjoy live guitar.
- SMOKE — You’ll remember SMOKE from yesterday’s hotel feature, as it’s the place to be if you’re staying at the Belmont.
- Scardello Cheese Market – Artisan cheeses and the scrumptious accompaniments. Grab some local Texas cheeses to try before you purchase your favorites for a Texas picnic.
- Dude! Sweet Chocolates – Rumor has it, these dudes are friends with Scardello (they sell the chocolates in the cheese shop). At any rate, top off the end of a delicious meal with a hand-made sweet. (And don’t you love that fun name?)
- Soda Gallery — Sample over 200 types of “sodas” (took everything in my Southern body not to say 200 types of Cokes… y’all know what I mean) from all over the world. And while you’re enjoying your “pop,” you can enjoy looking at some regional pop art.
- Sprinkle’s Cupcakes — After all that delicious food, you’ll want to top it off with a Sprinkle’s Cupcake for dessert.